This country is such a fucking joke. Did you know that if we were to divide the income in this country fairly it would be about 300,000 per person. That’s annually. You could give each person in this country 100,000 and still have enough to invest in infrastructure and research. Instead we have people who don’t have water, don’t have their basic human rights fulfilled, because they don’t have enough to pay a bill.Capitalism is inhumane.
Repeat After Me: I Will Not Pay To Play Shows
Haulix ran a feature a week or so ago titled Repeat After Me: I Will Not Pay To Play Shows. It contains insight from promoters, bands, and other industry related people about Pay To Play. Jesse Cannon and I also spoke about the method on our most recent episode of Off The Record. Read the full piece here and a snippet below after the jump.
Off The Record: Pay To Play For My Heart
I should sleep but idk
I don’t even know anymore
why am i sad
I know I’m boring. A fucking vegetarian, straight-edge introvert. What a bore. No wonder I’m single and have so few friends.
Holy shit I can’t believe it didn’t hit me until now that RA is vegetarian and mostly sxe and they definitely aren’t boring so I shouldn’t feel so bad
+ fugazi and a bunch of killer bands! you are not boring, our culture is just really a one track mind sometimes, especially people our age
Alkaline Trio and Silverstein are both completely vegan I believe!
don’t tag anyone in California in the ALS challenge
UNLESS YOU KNOW that they can afford to donate the $100.
We are in the middle of a HUGE drought and water/energy bills are expected to spike in the next couple of months. If you’re still going to do it, stand over some plants that you would have watered anyway.
SUPPORT THE ALS CAUSE but do not support wasting water in the middle of a drought that’s only getting worse.
I went to go eat one of the bananas I just bought because that was supposed to be my dinner so I didn’t have to cook but they aren’t ripe yet and now my teeth feel gross
You’re allowed to let go of people who give you negative vibes. You’re allowed to choose for yourself.
Errors in Thinking that Create Anxiety
1. All-or-nothing thinking: Looking at things in black-or-white categories, with no middle ground (“If I fall short of perfection, I’m a total failure.”)
2. Overgeneralization: Generalizing from a single negative experience, expecting it to hold true forever (“I didn’t get hired for the job. I’ll never get any job.”)
3. The mental filter: Focusing on the negatives while filtering out all the positives. Noticing the one thing that went wrong, rather than all the things that went right.
4. Diminishing the positive: Coming up with reasons why positive events don’t count (“I did well on the presentation, but that was just dumb luck.”)
5. Jumping to conclusions: Making negative interpretations without actual evidence. You act like a mind reader (“I can tell she secretly hates me.”) or a fortune teller (“I just know something terrible is going to happen.”)
6. Catastrophizing: Expecting the worst-case scenario to happen (“The pilot said we’re in for some turbulence. The plane’s going to crash!”)
7. Emotional reasoning: Believing that the way you feel reflects reality (“I feel frightened right now. That must mean I’m in real physical danger.”)
8. ‘Shoulds’ and ‘should-nots’: Holding yourself to a strict list of what you should and shouldn’t do and beating yourself up if you break any of the rule
9. Labeling: Labeling yourself based on mistakes and perceived shortcomings (“I’m a failure; an idiot; a loser.”)
10. Personalization: Assuming responsibility for things that are outside your control (“It’s my fault my son got in an accident. I should have warned him to drive carefully in the rain.”)
I hate when you see someone and they could be either 24 or 14
Come on where an age tag or something please
I’m hyper stressed and anxious today for no reason and work has been shitty and it’s like 90 degrees in here and I can’t deal with customers
And now my body feels like absolute shit and idk why it feels like I’m falling apart haha
I can’t deal with customers right now I need to be alone I want to go home but I can’t I feel trapped
How to Escape from an Abusive Relationship
It’s important to have a safe exit plan from an abusive relationship. The following tips might help you with this:
• Make a note of the phone numbers for your local women’s shelters.
• Confide in someone you genuinely trust (a good friend, a colleague at work, or a family member. Develop a code so they can help you if you are in an emergency (like a word you can text to them.)
• If your partner harms you, go to the emergency department and ask the staff to document your visit, and your reason for seeking medical attention.
• Journal each threat or abusive incident (with dates). If possible photograph any injuries.
• Prepare your escape in advance. Plan where you will go, and how you will get there.
• If you have a car, keep it backed in the driveway, with plenty of gas, and the keys close at hand, so that you can make a quick escape. Hide an extra set of car keys in case your partner steals and hides yours.
• Set money aside, either in a secret bank account or with a trusted friend or family members.
• Leave a packed bag with a friend or family member. This should contain an extra set of keys, essential ID (birth certificates, social security card, credit card, bank information, important phone numbers, passport, medical records etc), some clothes and any medications. If possible, avoid making use of neighbors or mutual friends.
• Know your partner’s schedule, and plan ahead for safe times to leave.
• Be especially alert to securing help through your computer or phone. Delete your internet browsing history, any websites you’ve checked out for resources, and all your old emails. If you called for help just before you left the house, dial another number afterwards in case your partner hits redial.
• Leave a false trail behind. For example, call hotels or rental agencies that are several hours away from the place you are planning on moving to.